Using a screener codes with the Protect app authorizes the device for screening.
Every business that uses Protect to screen visitors will need to use a screener code. This means that before conducting centralized screenings at your location with Protect, you will need to authorize a staff member from your organizations to scan people in as they enter. This is done with CrowdBlink Protect's screener codes.
How do I get a screener code?
When you subscribe to Protect, you get a set amount of screener licenses. To use them for your organization, you will need to generate screener codes. To do this:
- Log in to your Protect admin console.
- Make sure you have already created a location before you assign screeners.
- Open the Screeners menu.
- Select your location from the dropdown menu, then click "Assign Codes" at the top right:
- In the pop-up, enter the number of screeners you want to assign to this location, then click "Activate Users":
This will generate screener codes for your selected location — a 6-digit numeric code (not to be confused with location codes) that authorizes a device for screening.
How do I use the screener codes in the app?
Using your codes in the app is simple. First, decide which staff members will work as screeners at your location, then provide each of them with a code. They will then enter the code in the Protect app's authorization screen:
This will authorize the device for centralized screening — in other words, your staff member will be able to scan visitors in, walk them through a symptom questionnaire, and record their temperatures.
Can I use the same screener code with multiple devices?
No, a screener code can only be used with one device at a time. If you need more people to work as screeners, you will have to add more screener licenses to your subscription.
I issued a screener code to the wrong location. How do I reassign it?
If you want to move an existing screener code to a different location, you can re-assign it in a few steps:
- Make sure you're in the Screeners menu of the Protect admin console.
- Open the edit dropdown on the right of code you want to move and select "Reassign":
- Using the dropdown, select the location where you want to move the screener code and click "Transfer Code":
Your screener code will be transferred to the new location. Make sure reload the Protect app — exit and restart it — on your mobile device for the new changes to take place. Going forward, screening self-assessments tied to the old location will no longer work.